Self-Paced Online Course: Contracts
Study Hours: 24
All forms of business involve generating sales and sales involves forming contracts. Contract law is an essential topic for anyone involved in business, law, intellectual property technology transfers and other transactions. This module covers contract formation, consideration, performance, breach, and the various defenses that may be assembled to prevent contract enforcement.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Form verbal and written contracts that are binding in law.
- Appreciate how contractual terms and provisions are interpreted in court.
- Be able to identify several of the key defenses presented by defendants when accused of breach of contract.
- Understand how contractual duties are discharged.
- Be able to determine and calculate the remedies available for breach of contract.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Contracts: Uniform Commercial Code for Goods & Common Law for Services
- Contracts: Contract Formation
- Contracts: Consideration & Substitutes
- Contracts: Contract Performance & Breach
- Contracts: Identification and Interpretation of Contracts
- Contracts: Third Parties
- Contracts: Discharge
- Contracts: Remedies for Contract Breach
- Contracts: Defenses Against Enforcement
- Contracts: Varieties
- Contracts: Beyond Contractual Duties
- Contracts: Introduction
- Contracts: Liens and Secured Transactions