FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
Self-Paced Online Course: Finance & Accounting
Study Hours: 14
This module presents finance and accounting with special emphasis on the entrepreneur and startup venture. Topics covered include Finance & Accounting Principles, The Profit & Loss / Income Statement, The Balance Sheet, The Cash Flow Statement, The (Startup) Capitalization Table, Discounted Cash Flow & The Time Value of Money, Business Valuation, Patent Valuation and Business Accounting Software.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the essential principles of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Structure a capitalization (share ownership) table for a venture capital backed, high-tech startup venture.
- Create and interpret financial statements such as the profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Appreciate how modern business accounting software operates and can be used by a small company.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Finance: Finance & Accounting Essentials
- Finance: The Profit & Loss / Income Statement
- Finance: The Balance Sheet
- Finance: The Cash Flow Statement
- Finance: The (Startup) Capitalization Table
- Finance: Discounted Cash Flow & The Time Value of Money
- Finance: Business Accounting Software
- Finance: Cost Accounting
- Finance: Financial Ratios
- Finance: Bookkeeping
- Finance: Taxes
- Finance: Banking
- Finance: Capitalization Table
- Finance: Finance & Accounting for Startup Ventures