PATENTS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Self-Paced Online Course: Patents & Intellectual Property
Study Hours: 25
In this module, the student is provided with an understanding of patents, the patenting process, trademarks, copyrights and other forms of intellectual property protection. Patents are essential components of the high-technology business landscape, and in these materials, students gain a good understanding of how and why patents are issued, how they are asserted and can be sometimes invalidated.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define the essentials rights associated with patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights.
- Navigate the patent prosecution process, and file a patent application.
- Align business strategies with patent portfolios, and apply strategies at every stage of the patent process.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Patents & IP: Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Patents & IP: Trademarks
- Patents & IP: Copyrights
- Patents & IP: Patentable Subject Matter
- Patents & IP: Understanding Patents
- Patents & IP: Patent Claims
- Patents & IP: Patent Prosecution
- Patents & IP: Patents ~ Challenges to Validity
- Patents & IP: Patent Pre-Litigation
- Patents & IP: Patent Litigation
- Patents & IP: Role of the Jury
- Patents & IP: Patent Management & Valuation