Self-Paced Online Course: Economics
Study Hours: 35
Economics is the study of how society uses its limited resources. Economics deals with the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. An understanding of economics is valuable to anyone involved in business.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe how free enterprise, competition and different economic systems work.
- Appreciate how prices are driven by the forces of supply and demand.
- Understand how money supply is managed and the fundamentals of banking.
- Appreciate the fiscal and monetary policies adopted by central governments.
- Understand how interest rates are set and how they affect the economy.
- Appreciate the roles of stock markets.
- Understand how economies go through cycles of growth and recession.
- Appreciate the various economic theories promulgated by economists such as Adam Smith and John Maynard Keynes.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Introduction to economics, the free enterprise system and Keynesian economics.
- Business, banking and finance.
- Economic cycles.
- Global economics and international trade.