Self-Paced Online Course: Evidence
Study Hours: 25
U.S. federal rules of evidence are presented in this module. Topics covered include relevancy of evidence, character evidence, hearsay, impeachment of witnesses, expert testimony, authentication and privileges.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recite the rules of evidence, as adopted in the U.S. federal courts including relevancy, character evidence, hearsay, witness testimony and impeachment, expert witnesses, authentication and privileges.
- List the distinctions between the rules of evidence adopted in California and those adopted in the U.S. federal court system.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Evidence: Introduction to Evidence
- Evidence: Relevance
- Evidence: Character Evidence
- Evidence: Hearsay
- Evidence: Witnesses & Impeachment
- Evidence: Expert Witnesses
- Evidence: Authentication
- Evidence: Writings, Recordings, Photographs
- Evidence: Privileges
- Evidence: California Rules