Self-Paced Online Course: Real Property
Study Hours: 17
Almost all companies find themselves either leasing or acquiring real estate property. Executives are required to understand their rights and duties with respect to office buildings, leases, land and the principles of real-estate ownership are often applied to other forms of business assets. The U.S. laws of real-estate (real property), are discussed in this module. Topics include the acquisition of real-estate, forms of co-ownership, various forms of ownership estate, encumbrances to clean title, present and future interests, landlord and tenant law.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the legal framework in the United States governing the ownership of real-state and other property.
- Navigate the process of buying or selling real estate.
- Understand how ownership can be divided among various co-owners, landlords and tenants.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Real Property: History & Source of U.S. Real Property Law
- Real Property: Acquisition
- Real Property: Co-Ownership
- Real Property: Land Use Laws ~ Limitations & Encumbrances
- Real Property: Present & Future Interests
- Real Property: Landlord-Tenant
- Real Property: Mortgages
- Real Property: Trespass