TORTS & PRODUCT LIABILITY
Self-Paced Online Course: Torts & Product Liability
Study Hours: 20
Businesses of all types are required to maintain certain minimum standards concerning product liability, and undertake steps to protect customers and others from harm. An understanding of these issues is important for executives in businesses large and small. In this module, students explore the law of torts in the United States. Topics include intentional torts, negligence, strict liability, tort remedies and extension of tort liability to third parties.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the law in the U.S. relating to intentional torts, negligence, strict liability and the remedies available to the injured parties from U.S courts.
- Identify the elements of various intentional torts.
- Determine if a claim of negligence could be justified by the facts of a case.
- Identify defenses against a case of negligence.
- Identify the elements of a case of product liability.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Torts: Introduction, History & Source of Law
- Torts: Negligence
- Torts: Strict Liability
- Torts: Product Liability
- Torts: Remedies & Liability
- Torts: Variety of Grounds for Tort Claims
- Torts: Intentional