Self-Paced Online Course: Wills
Study Hours: 16
Ownership rights in intangible assets such as company shares, patents and trademarks are passed along upon the death of the owner, and tax liabilities are incurred. This module presents the law of wills and succession in the U.S., with special reference to California law. Topics covered include will formation, challenges to validity of a will, the treatment of spouses and children omitted from a will.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the steps necessary to form a will in the state of California.
- Identify various reasons to justify a challenge to the validity of a will.
- Recognize how children and spouses omitted from a will are treated and their claims handled in the law.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Wills: Making a Will
- Wills: Dividing Property
- Wills: Revoking, Challenging & Changing a Will
- Wills: Intestacy (Dying without a Will)
- Wills: Probate
- Wills: Introduction
- Wills: Community Property